Local organisations who deliver frontline support play an important role in ensuring people with disability and illness receive the correct benefit support, whether they’re working, unable to work or considering a return to work.
Supporting people with disability and illness is made more complicated by the types of benefit available under both legacy benefits and Universal Credit.
The roll out of Universal Credit means there is more pressure on support organisations to make sure their customers are prepared for the likely changes.
Many organisations working with people with disability or illness use Policy in Practice’s Benefit and Budgeting Calculator to help their customers understand the benefits they may be able to get, and the impact of earnings or other changes of circumstances.
This webinar looks at how tools such as the Benefit and Budgeting Calculator can help organisations that are providing support under both legacy benefits and Universal Credit.
Our guest speakers will include a front line organisation who will share how they support customers and what information they give to customers that helps them make informed, independent decisions that work in their best interests.
Join this webinar to learn:
- the impact of Universal Credit on household income when a person is living with a disability or illness
- what information is required for people to make decisions, under legacy benefits and Universal Credit
- how one frontline organisation provides support for their customers
- what practical support you can give to people living with disability or illness
- how support tools can help in ensuring that accurate, client-focused, information is given to those who need it
With guest speaker Marise Mackie, Pluss