Understand how Universal Credit affects
The roll out of Universal Credit full service will change both the amount of Council Tax Support households receive and how much this will cost the council.
To best support all households, councils must understand the full impact that moving on to Universal Credit full service will have in their area. This information enables council to consider scheme change to support the most vulnerable households.
In this webinar, we explain the detail of how Universal Credit affects the Council Tax Support that households receive, the impact on cost to the council, and offer some rules of thumb on typical winners or losers, and suggest who may need support.
Listen back to hear:
- how to model the impact of Universal Credit in your CTR scheme
- why changing your CTR scheme for Universal Credit roll out is important
- how certain groups of households will be affected
- the impact on council spending
- what you can do to protect vulnerable groups
With guest speaker Jenny Hoare, Wolverhampton City Council.