The benefit system is complex and changing all the time,
Our personal Benefit calculator takes into account over 4,000 pieces of legislation across four government departments to show how one person is affected. Automatically updated on an ongoing basis and tested to be accurate across over one million real cases, Policy in Practice’s Benefit Calculator was built by people who understand the welfare benefit system and shaped by the people who use it.
With our personal Benefit Calculator you can:
- Find out which welfare benefits you could receive
- Know how your income will change with Universal Credit
- Compare your income under the current system and Universal Credit
- See how much income will be left after paying your housing costs
- Access links to claim for benefits
- Use the calculator from your mobile phone
If you need further help
Our team of policy and technical experts is available to help you. If you have any questions during a session you can chat to our helpdesk live, during office hours, via the instant messaging function at the bottom right of your screen.